This summer, our Baby Ventures Adventure Girls made their debut in our ABCs of Washington, DC board book: They popped up on the National Mall on page “V for Visitors!”
The greater National Mall area in Washington, DC offers a world of educational fun for little ones! Looking for some family adventure ideas? Here are some of our tot-approved favorites:
- Engage in the interactive world of plant, animal, and human life at the Natural History Museum – from the live Butterfly Pavilion to tarantula feedings and the Sant Ocean Hall Exhibit, this museum is not to miss!
- Enjoy live jazz in the Sculpture Garden (with toes dipped in the Grand Fountain) at the National Gallery of Art, then head inside under the light-studded Multiverse in the Concourse walkway to the Children’s Shop, where little ones can relish in the unique books and gifts that the Museum offers!
- Climb into air crafts, explore aerodynamic experiments, and catch Story Time (for ages 2 – 8), all at the Air and Space Museum!
- Construct, play, and learn hands-on at the National Building Museum’s Building Zone (for ages 2 – 6)!
- And this September 24th, make your youngsters a part of history: Take them to the Grand Opening of the remarkable new National Museum of African American History and Culture. The Grand Opening will kick off with extended visiting hours and a three-day music festival!
The Adventure Girls appear in every Baby Ventures book – where are they heading to next? We’re guessing locales that are home to very unique friends (hint, hint). Stay tuned, and happy DC adventures!